At Martin and Carr, we have 2 fully qualified RVN’s, 2 qualified VN’s and 4 trainee nurses, and we are very proud of the high standards they have all achieved. We are now proud to introduce Nurse Clinics, which will allow our patients to make full use of the skilled nursing staff at the clinc whilst reducing waiting times.
The idea of these clinics is to provide our clients with a familiar and freindly face, with whom they feel they can discuss any issues involving their animals. Nurses are happy to spend as much or a little time as necessary with pets and owners, are are available for such things as:
- Pet Health Checks-for all ages and species.
- New puppy or kitten checks and advice, pre-puppy party.
- To discuss control of fleas and other parasites.
- To discuss diets of all types, including prescription food.
- Routine dental checks, and dental care advice. Includes rabbits and guinea pigs.
- Geriatric/Older pet Clinics- a basic health check with optional blood test, blood pressure check.
- Diabetic Support Clinics. We are happy to discuss any issues surrounding diabetic pets, and can help with blood glucose monitoring.
- Small animal husbandry advice for rabbits, guinea pigs and other small furries.
- Basic training, and behavioural advice for young or old. Our Puppy Party Team have a special interest in the area.
- Nail clipping for cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs.
- ECG’s which have been recommended by a Veterinary Surgeon
- Blood pressure checks/ routine monitoring.
- Administration of routine wormers or flea treatments.
- Suture removal and post-op checks
- Dressing changes
- Weight management consultations for over or under weight pets
- Tick removal
- Ear cleaning
- Routine blood sampling
- Heska injections
- Breeding advice
- Administration of medicines which have been prescribed by a Vet- all nurses are happy to do this and it is useful for example, for people with difficult cats.
- To discuss euthanasia- A sympathetic ear, a shoulder to cry on, or just someone to explain the procedure and options available.
Nurse clinics usually by appointment only between 11am and 3pm Monday to Friday. This allows us to make nervous pets an appointment at a quiet time where necessary. For people who find these times difficult, we will do our best to accommodate.
For further information, please contact the surgery.